A truly health conscious person blends diet, nutrition
and exercise with the remembrance of God and an intention to fulfil all their religious obligations.
- Founded in July 2014 as Muslimahs Run, Immediately after Ramadan 1435.
- Our group runs would rotate across 5 Masjids: Al-Qur’
an,Masjid-Al-Mu’minun, Atlanta Masjid, West End, and Al-Farooq. Our first run was at Masjid Al-Qur’an with 6 participants who walked 1 mile in the rain. The 6 participants:
- Geneva El-Amin
- Nura Goodson
- Safiyyah Sabir
- Ramona Hasan
- Munah Sabir
- Ayana Wisdom Baldwin
- Established our Swim Program. To date, we have serviced approximately 200 women. With a 200% increase in participation from 2015/2016 to 2017/2018.
- Established Cycling Program
- Hosted our inaugural WOW RUN 5k in collaboration with Singapore (the founders of the WOW Run) and 3 other countries: Malaysia, Botswana, and Australia
- Established Rijaal Runners as our brother organization.
- Created the first all Muslim Ragnar Team. We participated in Atlanta Ragnar Trail Relay.
- Participated again in the Atlanta Ragnar Trail Relay. But this year we eared the Overall Team Favorite Award.
- Established paid membership.
- Established our Walk Program
- Developed a new initiative, FitME: The fitME program promotes fitness activities that are not “endurance” training but supports holistic health such as Strength Training and African Dance.
- Established Mini ME and Rijaal Runners Jr. – With 7 coaches we were able to service 32 young runners over a 12 week period. Preparing them to run the Mohammed Schools’ Race for Education 5k, 1-mile fun run, and 50m dash. Our youth program first group race was also our first group race!!
“Finally, An environment Where Muslimahs feel comfortable and safe engaging in physical activities. “
Our mission is to promote holistic health, fitness, and modesty through endurance sports.
Our vision is to create safe and comfortable spaces where all women have the choice to pursue and engage in any physical activity and/or sport that will improve their quality of life without compromise.
Make a Change
Member Lead Organization
Muslimahs Endure is a grassroots organization dedicated to providing fitness opportunities to women and their families. Our work is informed and driven by the needs of our members and the community. It is our intention to operate in a way which removes any barriers to participation.
Tuesday - Walk
Thursday - Cycle
Sunday - Run,